Directed by Ruth Hogben.
Opening Friday May 4th, the Living Library is a public studio for storytelling, book arts, screen printing, experimental publishing, and live radio broadcast in Elsewhere’s thrift-store turned living museum.
The Library contains more than 3000 titles, and brings together Elsewhere’s international artists-in-residence and Greensboro to use this collection of vintage and thrift books for reading and resource, offering a comfortable platform for sharing ideas and creative research. The Living Library re-imagines a library as a living fiction and community archive that evolves as the public participates and contributes.
Elsewhere’s writers-in-residence The Hollow Earth Society will inaugurate the Living Library with a salon series:Elsewhen | The Chronotextual Library. The Hollow Earth Society believes that a library isn’t a place where physical books house stories – it’s a story that happens to house a number of physical books. Be a part of the Living Library and share your story. Contact us to get involved!
Public visitors can:
- Read and explore books, periodicals and documents from the collection
- Broadcast online with Elsewhere Community Broadcast TV
- Participate in Library Playshops (See more info below)
- Do their homework in an installation
- Use Zine-Making and Print making facilities
- Scan the Library’s archives of images and text
- Use the Library as a Meeting Space
- Propose collaborative interventions and projects
Via Primary Flight
A new track released from the G.O.O.D. Music camp with a nice lineup of features just in time for the Labor Day weekend. With Cheife Keef in the line up along with Kanye West, Pusha T, Jadakiss, and Big Sean. Listen to the track below in its glory.
Chrome Hearts puts together a nice accessory with a simplistic look and nice choice of colors for their Bead Charm Rings. The bracelets would be one size fits all. You can find them at your Chrome Heart dealers.